Bursitis is manifested by pain. The pain comes and goes suddenly for about 5 days. Due to the sudden disappearance, bursitis pose in choosing the correct treatment and also is a bad thing for those with this condition.
There is no specific treatment for bursitis, but there are things you can do:
- When the pain appears stop the work that you do and allow the joint to rest.
- If the joint is hot put ice on it for 10 minutes, then pause and resume ten minutes with ice. We do not indicate to put heat on a hot joint. Ice reduces swelling and stimulates the constriction of blood vessels.
- Alternate hot and cold. Make this maneuver only if your joint is cold and the pain is bearable. Alternate ice for 10 minutes with 10 minutes of a warm compress, then put ice again.
- Medicines for pain. An effective drug is ibuprofen (calling form of ibuprofen, Nurofen, ibalgin). Take this medicine after eating. If you do not tolerate ibuprofen, taking aspirin.
- After 5 days when the pain is not acute, try a cure with castor oil. On the hurting joint apply castor oil and massage gently. After applying oil, put a cotton compress over the joint and then a warm compress.
- If the pain disappeared we suggest you to do gentle exercises with the affected joint. Move left, right, in a circle. But do not overdo it. Do this for a few minutes, several times a day.
- You repeatedly do bursitis? We recommend taking flaxseed oil. This oil contains a high amount of omega 3 acids. The oil can be consumed by adding it to salads (1-2 tablespoons). Do not consume this oil chronically.