Irritable Colon – simple remedies
The most common manifestations of this syndrome are diarrhea, constipation, abdominal pain, mucus in stool. It should be identified and removed from the diet the foods and drinks that cause these symptoms. Also, some events can trigger episodes of diarrhea and abdominal pain.
It should be noted that irritable colon syndrome is a functional disorder and is not affected any structure (colon). There is not a risk factor for colon cancer.
What you can do for irritable colon
- Between irritable colon and stress is a connection. Do not let stress overwhelm you. If you begin to have abdominal pain, take a deep breath and calm yourself!
- Relief of symptoms should occur when you do something that will relax. You can try relaxation techniques, meditation or yoga. Experiment and find what works in your case.
- If you have irritable colon it means that your gut has an overreaction when you make changes regarding eating habits, stress and hormonal fluctuations. Try keeping a record time of two weeks of what will cause bowel irritation. You should identify a pattern.
- Note the foods and drinks you consume. I will help you identify which of them will accentuate your irritable colon manifestations.
- Your diet should contain a large amount of dietary fiber. This diet is successful for many people. The fibers have an effect on constipation and diarrhea. Eat bran, cereals, fruits and vegetables.
- Drink about 6-8 glasses of water daily. Water helps the intestines to function better.
- Do you have lactose intolerance? Do not drink milk and see what happens. Many who believe they have irritable colon they actually have a lactose intolerance.
- Nicotine from cigarette worsens symptoms. Give up smoking.
- Sorbitol contained in gum and sweets has potential of worsening the symptoms.
- The contractions of the colon may be exacerbated by fats. Reduce fats, sauces, fried foods and oils.
- Avoiding spices is also recommended.
- Caffeine and coffee tars can cause discomfort for those with irritable colon. If you do not want to give up coffee, drink decaffeinated coffee.
- One last tip would be to eat little and often.