Remedies for hemorrhoids
Causes of hemorrhoids: age, genetic heritage, diet, defecation habits.
What can you do in order to ameliorate hemorrhoids?
- During defecation do not force yourself because you create pressure that cause inflammation to the veins. If your motion is consistent there is the possibility for the injuries to get worse. It is recommended to drink a big quantity of liquids (6 to 8 glasses of water per day) and to consume many fibres (that you can find in cereals, vegetables, fruits). If you do this it will be easier to go to the toilet.
- Local hygiene is the first thing you have to be careful at when you have hemorrhoids. Use white toilet paper, not perfumed, and soft. Before you use the toilet paper, moisten it.
- You can use wet napkins instead of toilet paper. Pay attention they don’t contain alcohol.
- The itch that is caused by hemorrhoids must be ignored. If you scratch, you can feel better for the moment, but you can aggravate the situation by causing trauma to the sensible veins.
- It is forbidden to lift hard objects and do intense exercises. The pressure created during this is the same as the one during defecation.
- A hot bath can help you handle the hemorrhoids. In the bath tube, hold your feet up approximately 10 cm.
- A remedy for acute pain and itches is to place on an ice application. The ice will anesthetize the hemorrhoids, but do not let it more than 20 minutes.
- Place on creams and suppositories. Even though they do not heal the hemorrhoids, these products can decrease the pain and discomfort.
- The most useful creams are the ones that contain heparin and hyaluronidase.
- The hamamelis, the oak bark, the geranium root contain a high quantity of tannin. The tannin consolidates the tissues. It can be placed on with a cotton wad, three times a day. You can find it under the form of tincture.
- If you are overweight try to lose weight. You will decrease in this way the pressure in the basin.
- Do not consume much salt. It retains water in the organism and causes the inflammation of the veins.
- Aliments and drinks that must be avoided: coffee, beer, coke, spicy food.
- Are you pregnant and you suffer of hemorrhoids? Sleep on the left side for 20 minutes at every 6 hours. If you do this, the pressure in the inferior side of your body will decrease. During the pregnancy the constipation is a problem that can cause the apparition of hemorrhoids. Don’t you worry! After giving birth the hemorrhoids will disappear.