Shingles – symptoms, remedies
The affection is caused by the reactivation of the chickenpox virus in the nerve cells. As risk factors you can blame the stress, the illnesses, the deficiency of the immune system, the age (more than a half of the population above 80 years old suffers of shingles).
Usually it is not contagious. It appears at the persons who had chickenpox. If a person who hadn’t had chickenpox suffers of shingles, then it is possible that it is a contagious form.
Symptoms and involutions of shingles:
The efflorescence is characterized by the occurrence of red spots on the back and on the face (rarely on the extremities), then these are transformed into blisters. The efflorescence from the shingles is limited by the affected nerve on one part of the body.
The local pain that accompanies the efflorescence can be confused with angina pectoris or heart attack, when localized in the chest wall. The herpes pain can become chronic after the occurrence of the efflorescence post herpetic neuralgia.
Besides the efflorescence when suffering of shingles the accentuate fatigue and apathy can appear as general symptoms.
If you notice the occurrence of the above mentioned symptoms, do not hesitate to consult the doctor.
- The beginning
- Use efficient analgesics as the ibuprofen or aspirin, or tutsan (two-three grams per day) for pain.
- Use a natural antiviral: maitake -the Japanese fungus that stimulates the immune system in order to fight against the virus. It can be administrated under the form of 6 confections (300 mg) daily, during the efflorescence period.
- The lysine is an amino acid that can be found in the chicken meat, fish, cheese, milk, potatoes and bean. There were made studies that show that its property is to inhibit the spreading of the herpetic virus.
- The blisters phase
- Avoid the use of too many creams and ointments that irritate the skin.
- Avoid the local heat and use as many cold applications as you can.
- In order to calm the pain below the neck affected by shingles, take a bath with water in which you added colloidal oats flour or maize flour before you go to sleep. A cup of salt in the water will fasten the healing.
- If you have infected blisters treat them with non thinner hydrogen peroxide, bought from the drugstore.
- For the pain after the disappearance of the efflorescence
- Locally apply ice
- Eat chilly pepper and aliments that are spicy that due to the substances they contain they block the pain transmitters. However, pay attention to the possible gastric irritation they may cause.