Menopause hot flushes – remedies
Regulation of body temperature is influenced by changes in estrogen and other hormones.
Please do the following:
- If you drink alcohol, it will dilate blood vessels on the skin surface, so you get more blood to the surface of the skin and therefore will produce puffs. So, do not drink alcohol in excess, because it aggravates hot flashes.
- Beverages containing caffeine can trigger a hot flash. Do not drink coffee and especially if it is hot.
- Make exercise at least once every two days. Walk 30 minutes. Exercises decrease the risk of hot flashes, decrease manifestations of menopause, your sleep will be more restful and your musculoskeletal system will work better.
- Medical treatment for hot flashes consists of hormone replacement therapy, a treatment worth trying. Consult a physician.
- A natural remedy: rooster crest. It was not shown the action of this plant , but the effects are visible. Purchase rooster crest from natural food stores.
- Another natural remedy is red clover. It contains phytoestrogens and its effects have been demonstrated. You also find it in stores.
- Eat soy. Soybeans can eliminate hot flashes and sweating. Eat soy products 2 times per day.
- Try these foods: garbanzo, lentils and almost any variety of beans.
- When you have a hot flash, try the abdominal breathing maneuver. Put yourself on the back and put a hand on the abdomen. When you breathe think of it as the belly is a balloon that you inflate and deflated it. For some women this maneuver is useful and decrease the discomfort.
- Sleeping clothes should be made of cotton to allow the skin to breathe and moisture to be evaporated. Use sheets and pillow all made of cotton.
- It is recommended to quit smoking.
- Sage tea: may decrease sweating during the night. In a jar put a cup of water and 4 tablespoons of dried sage. Let the mixture to stand for 4 hours, of course with the lid on the jar. Eat when you feel the need.