Irritable bowel syndrome is a disease characterized by abnormal functioning of transit, which generally consists of alternating diarrhea with constipation, diffuse abdominal pain (cramps), sometimes the release of mucus.
Irritable bowel pathology is widespread in the population functionally. Irritable bowel disease is a functional disorder characterized by transit problems, consisting of constipation alternating with diarrhea, diffuse abdominal pain (usually in the form of cramps), sometimes the release of mucus.
Irritable colon was called a lot of synonyms, such as irritable bowel, nervous diarrhea, but perhaps the most suggestive name would be “unhappy colon” . Patients with irritable bowel usually consult many doctors, the internist, gastroenterologist and surgeon even, on one hand because of the fear of cancer, but also because of long evolution of the disease . Usually patients are concerned about disease, anxious, depressed or under stress, often working extended.
Anxiety neurosis, depression is common in these patients so that the doctor they will present a very detailed history of the disease, detailed, often dramatic. Fund may be constipation disease (related to the absence of fiber in the diet and inactivity), the appearance of stools with, diarrhea, which occur most often in emotional states, stress. Irritable colon is a functional disease, so organic lesions, detectable by laboratory techniques, are absent.
Not part of the picture: rectoragia (removal of red blood), anemia, weight loss.
- abdominal pain: common colicativ character, or abdominal discomfort, symptoms disappear during holiday relaxation;
- transit disorders: diarrhea alternating with constipation, morning diarrhea;
- emission of mucus without blood;
- frequent bloating, improved by gas emissions.
- anuscopy, Rectoscopy, colonoscopy, irigography – for exclusion of organic bowel pathology;
- gastroscopy – exclude gastric disorders;
- abdominal pelvic ultrasound – for pathology of the pancreas, gallbladder, genitals;
- Radiological assessment of small intestine or enterosopy – for organic pathology of small intestine.
- Anorectal and colorectal neoplasm;
- Colonic inflammatory disease (RUH, BC);
- Colonic diverticulosis and diverticulitis;
- Lactase deficiency;
- Functional dyspepsia.
1. Diet: avoid foods that cause symptoms, in case of constipation, high fiber diet + / – Forlax.
-Diarrhea: Smecta, Imodium.
-Antispasmodic: Spasmomen, Debrid, Ditecel, No-Spa, is seeking the most effective preparation for the patient.
-Sedative: hydroxyzine, Rudotel, psychotherapy.
Watch the clip with 10 recommendations for IBS: