Palpitations – Cures and Treatments
Cures and treatments for palpitations. Arrhythmia is an irregularity in heartbeat . Normal rhythm of the heart is changed. The causes of these arrhythmias are ranging from heart diseases, drug reactions or can occur naturally.
Clinical manifestations of arrhythmias are often palpitations . They are described by patients as unpleasant sensations, ” hesitation “, ” flickering “, ” thumped ” heartbeats .
Some common causes of palpitations are: exercises, fever, stress and alcohol consumption.
Tips and remedies for palpitations
- When you feel these palpitations we recommend you to stop any activity and rest. By this method, many of the events can be stopped.
- Another maneuver that you can use is the vagus nerve maneuver. It consists of a deep inspiration and then push the air out , just as you do when you go to the toilet.
- If you fill a bowl with water and ice and you will immerse your head in it 1-2 seconds, you will get the reflex of divers.
- A similar maneuver to divers reflex is to drink cold water with ice cubes and suck on ice cubes slowly.
- There are some foods, which increase the risk of arrhythmias : cola juice, cocaine, stimulants , slimming pills and even chocolate.
- Nicotine in cigarettes and alcohol consumption contributes to the occurrence of arrhythmias and hence the palpitations.
- The hypothalamus controls the autonomic nervous system. When you are stressed or you have a bad diet this component of the brain can lead to disorders . The advice is to: Eat healthy and regular meals; Build a proper diet for your metabolism; Learn to be calm and avoid stress.
- Magnesium is an important mineral with role in balancing the action of calcium in the heart muscle fiber. A large amount of magnesium can be found in soy , nuts , beans , bran. Supplements are not recommended before medical advice.
- Potassium decreases the irritability of cardiac muscle fibers . Bananas are the best source of potassium. Do not take supplements without consulting your doctor.
- Palpitations also have herbal remedies. The best are the motherwort (Leonurus cardiaca) and the hawthorn . If you are a stressed person we recommend the first herb: motherwort. To calm palpitations the hawthorn is the most used. In addition to this effect the hawthorn strengthens heart muscle and leads to an improvement in blood flow. It is preferable to take these plants after talking with the doctor.