Warts and Verrucas – Home Remedies
Warts and verrucas do not give pain but may be itchy. Their appearance is of thickened and rough skin zones. Their cause is represented by a virus.
The most common location is on the hands, but any body part can be affected. Warts located on the feet are called verrucas.
The mode of transmission of this virus may be directly through pools, showers and change rooms.
Medical treatment for these disease is cutting, cauterizing, freezing or laser surgery. Scars can remain after these interventions.
The following tips can be used both for warts and verrucas:
- Be patient and let these growths alone because in two years half of them disappear by themselves. May even disappear spontaneously (more common in children). If warts multiply or increase in dimension the need you have to take action and to treat them.
- Vitamin A is beneficial. You can find this vitamin in cod liver oil (put over the wart and rub gently with an oil capsule every day).
- Acidity of vitamin C destroys the virus that causes warts. Crush several tablets of vitamin C, mix them with water and put it on the wart (over put a patch ). Do not apply this paste elsewhere than on the wart.
- Moisture is a factor that suits wart development. Keep your feet dry and will help cure the warts. If necessary, use a powder to combat the perspiration and change your socks 3 times a day.
- Go to the pharmacy and buy a preparation for warts based on salicylic acid. It is the most popular remedy.
- Use ointments. Before you apply an ointment, wash the area with warts with warm water, dry thoroughly and apply the ointment for a better penetration. Over ointment you can put a patch.
- An effective treatment are the patches containing salicylic acid in high concentration: best when are used for verrucas.
- An herbal remedy can be Echinacea. This herb stimulates the immune system and has beneficial effects knowing that warts are caused by a virus.
- Remedies from the storeroom:
– Clove oil or milky juice of unripe figs can be used directly on the wart;
– Slices of lemon + apple vinegar + salt. Allow the compound to soak 14 days and then rub the wart with the lemon.
– Wart can be rubbed with a piece of chalk or baked potatoes.
– Wrap the wart with a banana peel and change it daily.